Agent & Supportive Services
- Serving in legal appointments such as Trustee, Durable Power of Attorney for Financial Affairs, Executor, Administrator & Health Care Agent
- Consultative services to support those already serving in those positions.
- Ensure appropriate estate planning documents are in place
- Ensure assets are properly transferred into trust
- Advocacy and Communications with legal professionals
- Implementation of an accounting system, bookkeeping and daily money management
- Assistance managing assets and consolidating/closing accounts
- Obtain EINs as appropriate
- Review and help claim life insurance, veterans and other benefits
- Ensure and maintain adequate property, life, longterm care and health insurance
- Obtain appraisals for real estate, antiques, artwork, collections and/or other valuables
- Ensure that all the real and personal property is protected, including arranging insurance and changing locks
- General organization, downsizing and household management
- Estatedistributions, charitable donations and estate sales
- Collect and review tax reporting documents
- Prepare detailed annual account reports to tax preparers
- Coordinate tax payments and filings with tax preparers
- Planning and management of care, including facilitating conversations and documentation to ensure your wishes are articulated and understood by those around you
- Advocacy and Communications with health care professionals including physician referral, insurance disputes services, fee negotiation service, prescription price comparison, medical research, and preparation of a personal health record
- Facilitate and solicit communications with appropriate parties such as CPA, financial advisor, insurance agents, physicians and family
- Maintain documentation of same
- Locate and organize important documents
- Digital file management for quick and efficient access to information
Managing the best interests of ourselves, family members and those for whom we care during life transitions is a labor intensive process that requires diligence, patience and a high level of organization, usually at a time when it feels least available.
Santa Barbara Estate Services will keep you informed, up to date, and in control of your affairs with experienced, knowledgeable and compassionate assistance taking care of the details.
Let us help you.
Download our brochure