We serve in both financial and health care related legal appointments, both as the primary agent and/or supporting the agent. Please see our Services Page for more detail.
Yes, we maintain errors and omissions coverage with one of the three providers that provides coverage specific to the private professional fiduciary industry. We are happy to provide greater detail and/or proof of coverage upon request.
- Lindsay is a California Licensed Private Professional Fiduciary. Her license number is 470.
- Lindsay earned certificates from Cal State Fullerton in:
- Professional Fiduciary Management for Trustees
- Professional Fiduciary Management for Conservators
- Lindsay earned her undergraduate degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara in Biological Sciences [Molecular & Cellular Developmental Biology]
Lindsay provides her cell phone number to all clients appointing her in their Advanced Health Care Directive and as needed. We are regularly available after hours when needed by our clients.
We maintain best-in-class policies and procedures which we regularly review and assess. These controls include locked physical files, password vaults, an ADT security system, professional IT services, on-site and off-site back-ups, and, of course, we have Lexa. We are happy to provide more detail upon request.
Lindsay has a best-in-class estate plan of her own, which include legal documents and supplementary instructions for her agents, specifically regarding her business. In Lindsay’s incapacity or absence, another fiduciary is named in Lindsay’s documents to ensure continuity of services through any transition. Of course, our clients’ estate plans may also have language regarding what happens in Lindsay’s inability to act.
Yes. We maintain multiple on-site and off-site back-ups, which are regularly monitored. In addition, we employ IT professionals that keep up-to-date with best-in-class practices and procedures for our systems and data.
We provide initial phone consultations as a courtesy. We offer a 45-minute Fiduciary Services Planning Session for $150. After that, our time is billed hourly, for the scope of work identified in our engagement letter. We are happy to provide our Free Schedule upon request.
We have a team to serve your needs.
Our team is structured as follows:
- Private Professional Fiduciary
- Controller | Accounting Associate
- Client Services
Can you provide me with references of past or current clients or other professionals you have worked with who I can contact?
Yes. In addition to our Testimonials page, we maintain an update-to-date references report, with professional and client contact info, available upon request.
If I decide to appoint you as a successor fiduciary in my estate planning documents, what is the next step?
After the initial phone consultation, or Fiduciary Services Planning Session, we request and advise that clients follow the below next steps:
- Engagement Letter. Please sign our Engagement Letter & provide us with the requested retainer.
- Appointing documents. Please provide us with your complete estate plan. At Santa Barbara Fiduciary we believe in a team approach and can most effectively serve you if we have a comprehensive picture.
- Letter of Intent, Personal Property Memorandum, Professional/Personal Contact Information & Password Index. We like to suggest that Clients establish and maintain these documents to be stored with their copy of their estate plan. These are not legal documents, but can help me efficiently serve you when the need arises.
- Additional records. Please know that you are welcome to provide us with any additional documentation, keys, etc. to be stored securely in our office. Any information you would like us to store for you is confidential and can be returned or destroyed at your request
- Consultation Services. Our services can be engaged prior to the terms of the appointing legal document by means of a consultative agreement. Please feel free to reach out to us at anytime if you are interested in help with a legal, financial, insurance, tax, property or healthcare matter that you may be seeking help with.
What if I would like your help, but don't necessarily need or want to resign from serving as my own Power of Attorney or Trustee? Can your services be engaged outside of a legal appointment?
Morbi blandit venenatis erat, at maximus arcu cursus ut. Aliquam tempus laoreet dolor, sed auctor leo bibendum a. Donec ligula nisl, pretium sed neque tristique, tincidunt interdum justo. Nulla imperdiet efficitur mauris non sodales. Sed imperdiet orci eu turpis tincidunt molestie.
If you are appointed to serve in the future, what is your policy regarding following up between now and then?
Our follow-up policy is tailored to the needs/wants of our clients. As a standard practice, we send out birthday and holiday cards.
Lindsay provides brief courtesy phone consults. If you have additional questions or want to meet Lindsay, we offer a 45-minute “Fiduciary Services Planning Session” at Lindsay’s standard rate. This policies helps serve our business and clients, both current and future. It was implemented on account of the demand for this type of consultation. You may request a copy of our 1-page Fiduciary Services Planning Session Agreement by submitting a contact form with the request.
Please email us! We are happen to answer any additional questions you may have.