Jiaqi (Chris) Liu brings sharp financial acumen to his role as Finance Assistant at Santa Barbara Fiduciary. Earning his B.S. in Economics and Accounting in a short two years, Chris also completed coursework toward his Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Charted Financial Analyst (CFA), and Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Designations while earning his degree. He is excited to share his expertise and gain experience in fiduciary accounting at SBF.
Among other financial certifications, Chris passed both Levels I and II of the CFA qualification exam on the first attempts, something only 43% of test-takers accomplish. In addition, he passed ACCA exams in Financial Reporting and Auditing, Business and Accounting Management, Financial Accounting, and Performance Management on the first attempt, which only half of test-takers accomplish.
Prior to joining Santa Barbara Fiduciary, Chris had work experience in taxation and internal auditing. He worked as part of a company-wide team to bring a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the risk management, control, and governance processes of the company.
Chris is fluent in English and Mandarin.
Taikang Asset Management Co.,Ltd, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China, 2017-2018
Internal Auditing/Trading room Summer Intern
- Reported on audit findings and identified auditing risks
- Supported the internal audit staff in performing testing of internal controls and documentation of business processes
- Performed data maintenance and other administrative duties as needed
- Examined the company payroll and payment records as a team
B.S, Economics and Accounting, University of California Santa Barbara, 2018
- Economics Coursework: Microeconomics and Macroeconomics principles and theories, Econometrics, Game theory and application, Global economic development, Business administration writing, Statistics and Mathematics for Economy including derivatives and applications of integral differentiation,
- Accounting Coursework: Financial Accounting and management, Managerial Accounting, Income taxation, Auditing, Financial Accounting Analysis
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Qualifications:
- Level I Exam (1st attempt — Passed, December 2017)
- Level II Exam (1st attempt — Passed, June 2018)
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Qualifications:
- Exam Accountant in Business, Exam Management Accounting, Exam Financial Accounting, Exam Performance Management (1st attempt — Passed, June 2017)
- Exam Financial Management (1st attempt — Passed, September 2017)
- Exam Financial Reporting, Exam Audit and Assurance (1st attempt — Passed, March 2018)
Quickbooks Online Certification:
- Quickbooks Online Certification (Passed, November 2018)